Creamy Pesto Chicken Enchiladas
Author: Rachael DeVaux
- Vegan Pesto:
1/2 cup pine nuts (or raw cashews)
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 tbsp minced garlic + juice
2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tbsp filtered water
1 large lemon, juiced
1/4 tsp pink salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
5-10 organic chicken thighs, trimmed
3/4 cup organic chicken broth
4-6 tortillas (I love these)
3 handfuls fresh spinach
2-3 tbsp organic goat cheese
- Combine all ingredients to make pesto in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once chicken thighs have been trimmed, add to slow cooker with chicken broth and pesto to cook for 4-6 hours. Feel free to eat chicken as is or use to make into enchiladas.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a flat surface, lay tortillas down and place a small handful spinach in the center. Top with shredded pesto chicken, roll either side inward until it's closed and place in a lightly oiled baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon a bit of the pesto juice from the slow cooker over the top of the enchiladas and bake for 15-17 minutes. Top with crumbled goat cheese.
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get the blog's latest content and nutrition information by email.