Fried Egg Breakfast Taco
Author: Rachael DeVaux
Recipe type: Breakfast (or any meal)
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- ½ tsp ghee
- ⅓ cup microgreens
- ⅓ cup spinach
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 tortilla (I use Siete)
- ½ avocado
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Heat ghee in skillet (I use cast iron for that extra crispy egg) on medium. Crack egg onto skillet so that you hear it sizzle, then turn the heat on low or off. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until whites have cooked and edges are crispy.
- Heat tortilla over open flame, turning every 5 seconds or so until soft.
- Load tortilla with spinach, bell pepper, microgreens, fried egg, and avocado drizzled with olive oil and red pepper flakes, pink salt and ground pepper.
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get the blog's latest content and nutrition information by email.