Healthy Lean Turkey Burgers
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
Servings 12 patties
- 2 lb organic lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup bell pepper any color, diced
- 1/3 cup red or yellow onion diced
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup organic crumbled feta cheese
- 1-2 tbsp fennel seed
- 2 tbsp oregano tomato basil or Italian seasoning
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
(Can choose to sauté chopped bell peppers, onion and sundried tomato in 1 tsp olive oil prior to mixing with rest of ingredients for added flavor).
Mix all ingredients together (excluding oil and chicken broth) in large bowl and form into patties.
Place patties on a flat top, grill or in a skillet with olive oil on medium heat.
Let cook until they have browned on either side (about 4-5 minutes).
*If patties are thick and taking longer to cook then add chicken broth to pan and cover with lid to let steam on lower heat, OR put in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate up to 5 days or store in freezer for later use.