Roasted Cauliflower Red Pepper Soup
Author: Rachael DeVaux
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 smaller red bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion, trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp turmeric spice
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast (or substitute with Parmesan cheese)
- ½ cup raw roasted cashews
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Toss or spray thoroughly with olive oil and season with turmeric spice, nutritional yeast, and several grinds of pepper.
- Slice red bell peppers down the middle and remove stems/seeds. Cut into quarters and place on a separate parchment paper covered baking sheet along with onions. Spray with oil. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and when done, scoop cauliflower, red peppers and onions into high-powered blender with 2 cups vegetable stock, garlic and seasonings.
- Blend on high for 3–4 minutes. Add in the rest of the vegetable stock (3 cups) and the roasted cashews to blend once more for 5 minutes, or until very creamy.
- Pour the whole mixture into a large soup pot and heat.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs, seeds or cheeses, such as pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and chopped green onion.
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get the blog's latest content and nutrition information by email.