Spicy Shrimp Over Zoodles Smothered in Cilantro Avocado Sauce
Author: Rachael DeVaux
- 12-14 shrimp (thawed and rinsed, if frozen)
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lime
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Cilantro avocado sauce
1.5 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 large avocado
2 small limes, juiced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Few shakes chili powder, if desired
2 tbsp water
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- Combine cilantro avocado sauce ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until it reaches a smooth consistency. Refrigerate once done.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, then add shrimp and squeeze ½ lime over the top and season with red pepper flakes and ground pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes on either side.
- Sauté zoodles in a separate pan with very little oil (1/4 tsp). Use tongs to toss for 2-3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Top zoodles with shrimp and cilantro avocado sauce.
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get the blog's latest content and nutrition information by email.