Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
Author: Rachael DeVaux
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6-8 servings
Major inspo from Wanderlust Kitchen!
- 2 large red bell peppers, halved, seeded and stems removed
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 garlic cloves (1 tbsp minced garlic)
- 1 sweet onion, cut into large chunks
- 1.5 (32-oz.) container vegetable broth
- 1 (8-oz.) jar sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic sugar
- Using tongs, heat bell peppers over open flame until blistered and tender. Let cool on plate.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, ¾ container vegetable broth, and sundried tomatoes into high-powered blender (i.e. Vitamix) to blend on high until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Make sure lid is tightly secured.
- Next, add blistered peppers and seasonings to blend on high for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in large pot along with rest of vegetable broth to heat over medium heat.
- Once temperature is hot enough, serve with freshly chopped basil.
Join my newsletter!
Subscribe to get the blog's latest content and nutrition information by email.