We all know it can take a LOT to help make you feel like a smooth running machine each day. Not to mention the products or things that shortcut unnecessary steps in your routine. I’m here to share seven of my favorites I can’t live without!
- A good moisturizer: I do love a fresh oiled face before bed, in the AM… anytime really. My oils typically consist of Biossance vitamin c + rose oil, Vintner’s Daughter active botanical serum (more $$, but worth it), or Cocokind chia facial oil or golden elixir.
- MyCharge portable iPhone charger: I use my phone 24/7, it’s no secret! These are the best, especially on-the-go and while traveling.. Or when you’re home and too lazy to get up from the couch.
- Kickass pair of workout clothes + shoes: Nothing is more motivating or makes me feel more confident than a really good (comfortable + squat proof + typically black lol) pair of leggings & sports bra. I buy a lot of my workout clothes from Carbon38, Zella, Alo, and Revolve. I know I’ve mentioned many times, but these leggings are so flattering and comfortable! Separately, this supportive Zella sports bra + this one from Alo are my favorites at the moment.
- High-quality blender: I use my NutriBullet 900-watt and Vitamix Ascent 3300 series the most! Nutribullet for daily smoothies (check my Everyday Glow-To and my Peachy Green from my 7-day Added Sugar Detox e-book), and Vitamix for making nut milk, soups, sauces, literally anything.
- Organization: I tell ya what, I wasn’t always this organized. But right now in my life there’s just something about an OCD cabinet or drawer that just makes me feel complete. Insert: The Container Store. Yes, they may have taken all my money when we moved last year, but starting fresh in a new space with organized bins (especially our pantry) has been totally worth it. I’ll save the organization deets for a different post, stay tuned!
- My nighttime sound machine: I mean, if there’s anything that can put me to sleep in 2 minutes, it’s white noise in the background. I’ve had this thing since before college and it’s KEY to my deep sleep! For Christmas this year, my dad got me the travel version of and I can’t wait to use it!! Goodbye to playing “white box fan” on my apple music from my phone.
- Matcha: Most of you know I don’t drink coffee. Tragic, I know. But it’s too acidic for my stomach and gives me horrible stomach aches whenever I have it. I had to give it up after college when it no longer served me staying up all night studying for exams. I switched to matcha after learning all about its benefits. If you’re unsure what matcha is, it’s ground up green tea leaves, so it’s a more concentrated version of what you’re drinking from your standard green tea. You’re actually getting quite a bit more nutrients and antioxidants this way, too! Things like L-theanine, catechins, chlorophyll, polyphenols, etc. Make sure you’re aware that there are a variety of different qualities and grades out there, some very low-grade and others high-quality. You’ll want to look for ceremonial grade from Japan, unsweetened (many coffee shops use sweetened powders so make sure to check), and I hate to say it, but the high-quality versions tend to be a bit more pricey. Stay tuned for something special coming early this year!! 😉