Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry
First of all, this is the best stir-fry you can throw together in under 30 minutes. You will love it!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 medium organic chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 long carrots, chopped
- 1 big handful snow peas
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 small stalk broccolini, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1-2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp arrowroot starch (can sub cornstarch) + 1/4 cup water mixed together in a small bowl
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
On medium to high heat, sauté onion and leek in avocado oil for 3-4 minutes in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken to cook through, about 5-7 minutes, tossing every few min.
Add in veggies, sesame oil and coconut aminos. Cover and let cook/steam for 5 minutes.
Mix together arrowroot starch and water until it's fully dissolved. Pour in the skillet and give a good stir. Add spices, salt and pepper, and toss throughly. Let cook until veggies are slightly tender.
Top with green onion. Add over sprouted brown rice (sprouting helps unlock nutrients + makes digestion easier!) and enjoy!