Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Dough Bites
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or sub any nut/seed butter)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (I prefer Vital Proteins)
- few shakes cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp smashed candy canes
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1.25 bar dark chocolate, or 3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
Whisk together wet ingredients in large bowl. Add dry ingredients, then start rolling into small, bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch big).
Lay on parchment paper. Once all rolled out in bite-sized balls, set in freezer for 30 min to harden.
Melt chocolate by microwaving in 30-second intervals, then take a spoonful over the top of each cookie dough ball. Let excess drip off. Before it hardens completely, sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Immediately put back in freezer to harden for 30 minutes then enjoy! Store in airtight container in fridge for up to one week fresh, or in the freezer up to several months.