Crockpot Shredded Chicken Verde Soup
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 10 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 ½ cartons low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 7 oz. can green chilies
- 1 jar Trader Joe's Salsa Verde Sauce or other
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dice Anaheim pepper, jalapeño (seeds removed), onion, and garlic cloves to sauté in a pan with olive oil for 5-7 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add whole, raw chicken breasts to crock pot, along with sauté mixture, chicken broth, finely chopped cilantro, lime juice, chilies, Salsa Verde, and seasonings.
- Set slow cooker on high for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts at 3 hours and shred with 2 forks on a plate.
- Add shredded chicken back to slow cooker to let cook one more hour.
- Let cool, then place in airtight container to store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.