Fiesta Stuffed Bell Peppers
Servings 4 -6 halved bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked farro or rice or quinoa
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup organic corn canned or frozen
- 1 can diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1/2 lb organic lean ground turkey optional
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 Organic bell peppers
- Cilantro avocado sauce1.5 cup fresh cilantro 1/4 cup olive oil1 tbsp apple cider vinegar1 large avocado2 small limes juiced1 tbsp minced garlic1/4 tsp sea salt1/4 tsp ground pepperFew shakes chili powder, if desired2 tbsp water
- Cook ground turkey with pepper and 1 tsp cumin.
- Drain the liquid then mix in a large bowl with all ingredients listed above.
- Slice bell peppers in half from the stem down and remove seeds.
- Spray a baking dish with olive or avocado oil & lay peppers skin-side down.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and cover dish with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Prepare cilantro avocado sauce. Add all ingredients listed into food processor and pulse until a creamy texture forms.
- Once done, drizzle with cilantro avocado sauce to serve. To drizzle, put sauce in ziplock baggy, cut off a small piece from the corner, then squeeze it out like you would frosting.