Fiesta Stuffed Bell Peppers
Servings 4 -6 halved bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked farro or rice or quinoa
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup organic corn canned or frozen
- 1 can diced tomatoes no salt added
- 1/2 lb organic lean ground turkey optional
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2-3 Organic bell peppers
- Cilantro avocado sauce1.5 cup fresh cilantro 1/4 cup olive oil1 tbsp apple cider vinegar1 large avocado2 small limes juiced1 tbsp minced garlic1/4 tsp sea salt1/4 tsp ground pepperFew shakes chili powder, if desired2 tbsp water
Cook ground turkey with pepper and 1 tsp cumin.
Drain the liquid then mix in a large bowl with all ingredients listed above.
Slice bell peppers in half from the stem down and remove seeds.
Spray a baking dish with olive or avocado oil & lay peppers skin-side down.
Stuff peppers with mixture and cover dish with foil.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Prepare cilantro avocado sauce. Add all ingredients listed into food processor and pulse until a creamy texture forms.
Once done, drizzle with cilantro avocado sauce to serve. To drizzle, put sauce in ziplock baggy, cut off a small piece from the corner, then squeeze it out like you would frosting.
Julia Rosario says
#kouzinifoods to make this awesome dish again with cilantro avo sauce?