Garlicky Sausage + Veggie Pasta (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 organic andouille chicken sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup uncooked gluen-free brown rice pasta (I use Jovial)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen vodka sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Cook pasta according to package, then set aside.
In a large skillet, heat avocado oil until hot but not smoking, then add garlic. Let cook for 30 seconds, then add sliced chicken sausage + zucchini to brown for 5-7 minutes.
Pour in cooked pasta + olive oil to skillet with veggies and sausage and toss. Remove from heat, then add in spinach, red chili flakes and sea salt.
In a separate saucepan, heat jar of vodka sauce. Serve pasta with sauce, then add fresh basil