Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (gluten-free!)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed and tenderized
- 9 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 large loose carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 package brown rice capellini noodles or noodles of choice (Jovial brand is what I use)
In a large pot, heat oil until it's hot but not smoking. Add onions and cook on medium for 3-4 minutes. Then, dice chicken and add to the pot. Stir every couple minutes.
While the chicken cooks, bring a separate pot of water to a boil. Add in noodles, broken into thirds or quarters. Cook for recommended amount of time, then drain and set aside.
Once chicken has cooked for about 5-7 minutes, add in chicken broth, seasonings, carrot and celery. Give it a good stir, cover with a lid and let cook on medium to low for 10 minutes. Add in cooked noodles and let cook, covered, for 5 more minutes. Serve and top with fresh ground pepper. Enjoy! 🙂