As someone who didn’t even wash their face until about the age of 14, it’s crazy how into skincare I am now! And not just any skincare but CLEAN skincare. Making sure I’m investing in high-quality products that are made of non-toxic ingredients has become one of my biggest priorities in the last two years or so. I’ve done my best over the years to switch almost all of my products to clean skincare and always pay attention to what I’m using on my skin and putting in my body.
I’ve shared a lot about this previously, like in this skincare routine post from last spring and in this one about my post-sun skincare routine, but I think it’s time for a little update! My daily routine has changed a bit, plus since I started sharing about this, I’ve started getting lots of Qs from you guys, so just want to keep things as up to date as possible. Plus, our wedding is coming SOON & I want to be sure my skincare is on point!
With all of that said, I’m happy and excited to share my routine and favorite products, but first want to remind you that diet plays a HUGE role in the health of our skin. You can’t out-cleanse a bad diet, so just keep in mind that drinking lots of water, eating foods high in vitamin C and reducing your total consumption of fried foods, processed items, alcohol and sugar makes a bigger difference than you think when it comes to getting hydrated, glowy skin.
OK, here’s my full night + day skincare routine below!
- Cleanse: I love Naturopathica aloe cleansing gel or Indie Lee cleanser. Both are super gentle– great for sensitive skin. I also just started incorporating Farmacy’s Green Clean makeup removing cleansing balm and love it!! It contains papaya extract, which helps to retexture skin and gently exfoliate as well. Works well with dry skin too.
- Tone: Indie Lee or Cocokind toner
- Glow Essence by Cocokind: I’ll use this majority of the time as an extra step. It helps improve absorption of the products you use next and is super hydrating.
- Vitamin C: Naturopathica Vitamin C lotion, Cocokind vitamin C or Versed Found The Light Powder with Vitamin C (you tap two shakes of powder & mix with your favorite serum, gel or lotion). I would definitely recommend incorporating a vitamin c product into your routine as it supports collagen synthesis! Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies and is responsible for our youthful look, aka our supple and firm skin.
- Eye Cream: Before I dab on a generous amount of eye cream, I like using Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel. It’s good for de-puffing the area, reducing the appearance of dark circles, plumps the look of fine lines, etc. I follow it with their Squalane Marine Algae Eye Cream, Tata Harper’s Restorative Eye Cream or Farmacy’s Cheer Up vitamin C brightening eye cream. All work great 🙂 I dab in a “C” motion around the outside of each eye, then again in my “T” section on my forehead. This step always comes before serums!
- Oils/serums: Ok, I love a good serum. Before I go to bed and right when I wake up in the mornings (yes, before the gym), I’ll use a few pumps of my fav oil at the moment and basically dowse my face. We all look a little better when we’re glowing, right? Plus, I experience more dry skin in the winter months so I love staying extra hydrated. A few of my favorites right now include: Vintner’s Daughter— I’d have to say this is my #1. Yes, it’s very expensive, but it WORKS. I just ran out of another bottle last week and now waiting for my next. Another goodie is Biossance Vitamin C + Rose Oil— you know I’m obsessed with this one. I’ve gone through more bottles than I can count with this and I always make sure to take their travel-sized bottles on trips with me wherever I go! Cocokind’s golden elixir is another I use quite a bit. It comes in a bigger bottle so it lasts forever and it’s only $25, win!
If you want an actual lotion I’d definitely recommend Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream. It is BLISS. It’s a whipped texture that goes on so creamy and basically melts into your skin. I’ll use this after days I’ve been in the sun or need a lot of extra hydration for my skin.
That’s it! My favorite nightly skincare routine. Yes, it takes some extra time at night, but I enjoy scheduling in extra time for my skin and treating it right. It’s something I took advantage of growing up and throughout college and now realize how important it is to look after.
My morning routine is a liiiiittle less over the top. Once I get back from the gym I’ll usually just rinse my face in the shower and then skip all the steps and go straight to oils + spf. I love Supergoop zinc screen or Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer for a good daily spf whenever I know I’ll be going outside. Then I’ll put on my makeup (quick 5-min routine) and I’m off ready for the day!
A few nights a week I like to use an overnight mask/resurfacing serum. This typically consists of Cocokind’s Resurfacing Sleep Mask and Farmacy’s Honeymoon Glow… perfect timing I might add 😉 I’ll use these in place of any last step oils.
The Resurfacing Sleep Mask is made with bakuchiol, a natural retinol traditionally used to reduce the look of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and discoloration, while also increasing your skin’s suppleness! I honestly wake up with the softest skin in the world– this stuff is amazing!
The Honeymoon Glow is made from a blend of AHA (alpha hydroxy acids made from sugary fruits) and honey to help exfoliate dead skin cells, promote cell renewal, target hyperpigmentation and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It has a slight tingle once absorbed into the skin, which is normal, and I wake up with glowy, soft skin! I use about 3x a week at night.
I don’t use masks as often as I should, but if I had to choose a few, they’d be any of the Versed masks: Brightening, Tightening Mask, Purifying Mask, and Hydrating Plump Mask. They never leave my skin feeling dry and they’re very easy to use. Another would be Cocokind’s chlorophyll mask. I like mixing a pea-size of the chlorophyll powder in my palm with a few drops of water and a few drops of their Facial Repair Oil for extra hydration. I’ll usually leave both of these on for 10-20 minutes, then wipe off gently with a warm wet towel.
Nothing has changed too much since I posted this a while back. I still love True Botanicals Renew Repair Serum first thing after cleansing. I do a gentle push + press routine with it so it absorbs right into my skin. Then, I’ve been loving the Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Cream like I mentioned above. It’s so thick and lush, it literally glides on your face and immediately feels like it’s rehydrating your skin 🙂
Hope you enjoy xx