Orange Blossom Walnut Balls
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 dates, soaked in warm water for 1-2 hours
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (feel free to use both the extract and powder or one of the two)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp blood orange juice (or plain orange)
- 1 tsp orange zest
Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until a somewhat smooth texture is created. You may need to use a spatula and push down the sides until thoroughly blended together.
Once done, use wet hands to form into balls.
Place on parchment paper on a flat plate or baking sheet, then grate more orange peel over the top.
After all are rolled, set in freezer for 25 minutes to harden. Recipe makes about 14-16 balls. Store in airtight container in the fridge.