Roasted Cauliflower Red Pepper Soup
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 6 -8 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 smaller red bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- ½ tbsp turmeric spice
- ½ tbsp nutritional yeast or substitute with Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup raw roasted cashews
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Toss or spray thoroughly with olive oil and season with turmeric spice, nutritional yeast, and several grinds of pepper.
- Slice red bell peppers down the middle and remove stems/seeds. Cut into quarters and place on a separate parchment paper covered baking sheet along with onions. Spray with oil. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and when done, scoop cauliflower, red peppers and onions into high-powered blender with 2 cups vegetable stock, garlic and seasonings.
- Blend on high for 3–4 minutes. Add in the rest of the vegetable stock (3 cups) and the roasted cashews to blend once more for 5 minutes, or until very creamy.
- Pour the whole mixture into a large soup pot and heat.
- Garnish with your favorite herbs, seeds or cheeses, such as pumpkin seeds, goat cheese and chopped green onion.