Spaghetti Squash With Chunky Turkey Marinara Sauce
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 3 -5
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- ½ cup organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 5-7 small mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- ½ medium white onion chopped
- ½ tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp fennel seed
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1.5 cups organic tomato basil marinara
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes no salt added
- 2 cups spinach
- To prepare spaghetti squash, slice in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. Place one half face down in deep microwavable dish filled with 1 inch chicken broth. Microwave for 7 minutes then remove and let cool on plate while the second half cooks for 7 more minutes. Fork down the sides of each half to create noodles. Season with ground pepper & basil seasoning.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms, red bell pepper and onion in oil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Pour in bowl and set aside.
- Cook the organic ground turkey in oil, fennel seed, Basil, garlic, onion powder, and oregano until the meat is browned. Add in marinara sauce, 1 can organic diced tomatoes, juices included to stir. Next, add back in the mushroom, pepper and onions to cook 3-4 more minutes on medium. Stir in 2 big handfuls spinach once done.
- Serve with spaghetti squash and other toppings such as avocado, crumbled goat cheese, fresh basil & nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.