Spicy Sausage & Pepper Skillet
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled
- 2 organic andouille chicken sausages, sliced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 stalk broccolini
- 1/8 small jalapeño, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Slice peppers and onion very thin. Heat oil in skillet on medium, then add peppers & onions to sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch thick pieces and add to skillet along with sliced chicken sausage. Toss a few times, then cover with a lid & let cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add seasonings, stir, then add broccolini to the same skillet and let cook, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
Once tender, remove from heat. Serve with sliced jalapeño & fresh cilantro.