Sweet Potato Broccoli Omelettata
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup sweet potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup steamed broccoli (cooks quicker, but raw broccoli works great, too!)
- 1/2 cup spiralized zucchini
- 1 tbsp chicken/bone broth
- 1/4 tsp dried onion seasoning
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- pink salt, to taste
- Spray olive/avocado oil
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
Sauté sweet potato in olive oil until it becomes tender and begins to brown. Add in red onion, steamed broccoli and spiralized zucchini to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add a splash of low sodium chicken stock to skillet if more moisture is needed (I love to use in place of additional oil). Add seasonings.
Quickly spray the veggies and toss one last time with olive/avocado oil before pouring in 2 whisked eggs + 1 egg white. Make sure eggs cover entire skillet.
Let cook on medium for about 3 minutes then pop the entire skillet (make sure it's oven-safe) in the oven on broil to finish cooking the surface, another 3 minutes or until fluffy and starting to brown.
Top with pepper, avocado, red pepper flakes and pumpkin seeds.