Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
Major inspo from Wanderlust Kitchen!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 -8 servings
- 2 large red bell peppers halved, seeded and stems removed
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes halved
- 2-3 garlic cloves 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 sweet onion cut into large chunks
- 1.5 32-oz. container vegetable broth
- 1 8-oz. jar sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic sugar
Using tongs, heat bell peppers over open flame until blistered and tender. Let cool on plate.
Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, 3/4 container vegetable broth, and sundried tomatoes into high-powered blender (i.e. Vitamix) to blend on high until smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Make sure lid is tightly secured.
Next, add blistered peppers and seasonings to blend on high for 2 more minutes.
Pour in large pot along with rest of vegetable broth to heat over medium heat.
Once temperature is hot enough, serve with freshly chopped basil.