I think with the amount of traveling I did last year, I’m pretty locked in when it comes to my packing routine + essentials. Things from snacks and sweets (a square of dark choc is always the best night cap) to immune boosting wellness supplements are always on my list!
I definitely recommend investing in a couple packing cubes to make the packing process a bit more organized. I have this set from CALPAK and I bought Bridger a plain black set from Amazon. Another tip is to make sure you have this easy stack container and Stasher bags to avoid ziplocks/excess plastic. They make it easier for things like loose supplements, pre-workout powder, etc.
Ok, to make my list quick and concise, I’ve categorized all my essentials below! (don’t worry– I’ll cover beauty travel essentials in my next post!). Of course this is excessive, yes, I get that haha, but I’ll usually pick and choose from this list depending on how long I’ll be away .
– Simple Mills crackers: I’ll usually take the bag out of the box, open it up, then rubber band it so it can fit in our luggage, no problem
– Brown rice crackers
– Vital Proteins collagen bars
– Chomps meat sticks
– Primal Kitchen collagen bars
– RXBARS (I typically save these for before workouts)
– Kor or Vive immune shots: and yes, they get through security! Throw some in your bag on your way out the door before your flight. They should be fine even until you get to your next destination. Then you can keep them in the fridge wherever you’re staying for a quick immune boost.
– Wedderspoon manuka honey packets: love these for travel days. I either eat them by themselves or I’ll add them to hot tea.
– Electrolyte packets: I’ve been loving Ultima from Whole Foods. I get the lemonade flavor– super easy, you just pour into water. I try my best to have one everyday or every other day if we’re traveling pretty far/I’m not drinking as much water as I usually do.
– Protein packets: so, I usually don’t end up using these while traveling, but it’s good to have something handy to make sure you’re getting enough protein maybe if your diet is a little lackluster while away. I love Nutraorganics clean protein, Four Sigmatic superfood protein– both are plant based.
– Collagen packets: these are easy to throw in your daily latte/coffee for added amino acids that can help contribute to healthy hair, skin & nails. Collagen is also shown to be healthy for the gut and your joints!
– Pre-workout: obviously, I’m getting in workouts while traveling. Keep the routine strong, right?? I use Rootz paleo pre-workout and love it! No junk ingredients. I usually just mix a scoop with 12oz of water and ice in a shaker cup. You can use ‘rachaelsgoodeats’ on their website for a discount.
– Digestive enzymes: these are a lifesaver when it comes to eating unfamiliar foods. I typically take them before a meal if I’m unsure how my stomach will handle it because it’s pretty sensitive. Digestive enzymes are proteins that help break down larger molecules like fat, protein and carbohydrates into smaller components that are easier to absorb into the body. I also like having digestive bitters with me– they taste absolutely horrible, but if you spray into your mouth before your meal, it can help break down your food!
SUPPS IN MY STACK CONTAINER
Alright, so I’m sure there’s an easier way, but right now I just have a sticky note decoder (homemade) right inside the container that tells me what color capsule is what. It’s quick and easy and honestly is very compact to fit anywhere in your suitcase or smaller bag.
– Elderberry capsules (immune support)
– Oil of Oregano capsules
– Probiotic: I love Seed probiotics. You can use RACH15 for a discount
– Gaia Herbs Quick Defense
– Dark Chocolate: love a good piece at night after dinner– favorite brand is Evolved Eating and they have so many options I can’t choose just one!
– Smart Sweets: If you’re a sucker for Peach-O’s, gummy bears or Swedish fish, you need these in your life. With only 3g of sugar, too!
*Don’t forget a reusable water bottle! 🙂 I like to bring a small shaker bottle as well for my pre-workout powder.
There ya have it! All my travel companions– I linked most of them below. Let me know if you have specific questions in the comments section! xx