Ok, if there’s ONE thing that tastes like summer, it’s this insanely delicious s’mores cookie skillet. Basically the same recipe as my OG Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, but this time with added marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. It’s everything you’ve dreamt of and more 😉 and it’s still gluten-free and dairy-free with the proper ingredients.
I also couldn’t find any gluten-free graham crackers at the time, so I swapped for Simple Mill’s crunchy cinnamon cookies (about 4-5 crushed up) and they were beyond! Would definitely recommend.
If you want to make this in individual cookie form, I suggest adding 2-4 additional tablespoons almond flour and baking for only 9-11 minutes, with an additional minute on broil to brown those mallows. Give it a try this summer and comment below letting me know what you though!
I’ve included the frequent substitutions along with a *Nut-Free* version of the skillet below!
-Cashew butter: Almond butter, peanut butter, tahini, sunbutter (may turn green after baking it, but no worries! Still tastes great and totally safe to consume)
-Almond flour: Oat flour, coconut flour (1/3 cup vs what this recipe calls for as it absorbs more liquid), cashew flour, peanut powder, whole wheat flour or GF flour or cassava flour (these are more dense flours and require a little less than 1 cup), hazelnut flour
-Almond milk: Coconut milk, hemp milk, cashew milk, basically anything you have, it’s only 1 tbsp
-Egg: Flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseeds + 3 tbsp water)
-Chocolate: I recommend 72% cacao or above, choose cacao only if wanting to be dairy free. My favorite is Evolved Eating Signature Dark. I’ve also used Lakanto’s Dark Chocolate sugar-free chips and they’re delish!
-Chocolate chips: Blueberries or strawberries
-Maple Syrup: Honey
-Coconut oil: Apple sauce, avocado oil, olive oil (make sure to use high-quality olive oil. My favorite is Kouzini cold-pressed; you can buy on Amazon)
-Cast iron skillet: feel free to use any sort of baking dish, cake round, loaf tin, etc. for this recipe!!
Nut Free Version:
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup sunflower butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp soy milk
1 cup oat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 chocolate bar
1/4 tsp sea salt
SHOP WHAT I USED IN THIS RECIPE
S’mores Cookie Skillet
- 1 egg, (or sub flax egg: 3 tbsp water, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened nut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cashew butter, (or sub any nut or seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour, (Bob's Red Mill finely ground almond flour works best!)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides, (completely optional. Can leave out and substitute 1 additional tbsp almond flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- One 2.5oz chocolate bar, (I typically use Eating Evolved signature dark) can substitute with 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 marshmallows, cut into 1/8's
- 2 graham crackers, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
- 8-9 inch cast-iron skillet, (can use loaf tin, cake round, baking dish, etc)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F°.
- Whisk egg* in large bowl then pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, nut butter, vanilla and almond milk, and whisk once more. *If using flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water & let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe in place of egg.
- Stir in almond flour, collagen if using, baking soda, cinnamon & some of the sea salt.
- Fold in chocolate chips (leave some aside for the topping), graham crackers and half of the marshmallows to save some for the topping.
- Very lightly spray a 8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet (13-inch if doubling the recipe) with coconut oil then pour batter into the base & spread out evenly using a silicone spatula.
- Place last pieces of chocolate and marshmallow over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then bake in oven for 19-20 min on center rack.
- Then, turn oven on broil & cook 1- 1 1/2 additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because it can burn quickly! Enjoy!