Blackberry pickin’ season is in full swing, and that can only mean one thing….. ENDLESS recipe possibilities! Initially, I wanted to make a dessert crisp. But with this hot weather we’ve been having I needed a refreshing late-night treat. A few weeks ago my girl @dani_nemeh posted these insane vegan blackberry cheesecake bars that literally made me drool looking at them on Instagram
With a few tweaks here and there (minimal because her recipe is bomb), these Frozen Blackberry Cobbler Bars were born! I swear the baked granola base makes the entire bar– I’m such a sucker for any crumble/crumb/crust you throw my way. My trusty taste testers (mom and boyf) were a little more than excited about these as well.
I used Paleo Passion Foods Caribbean Coconut grainless granola for the base and topped it with a decadent vegan, creamy, frozen layer that leaves me a little speechless. The top layer tastes so similar to cheesecake, which is why I don’t think I’ll ever understand how cashews sub as the perfect vegan cream factor in recipes! Mind-blown every time.
Frozen Blackberry Cobbler Bars
- Crust:1.5 cups Caribbean Coconut Krave The Krunch granola1/3 cup coconut oil1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Filling:1.5 cups fresh blackberries2 tbsp coconut oil2 tbsp maple syrup1/4 cup fresh lemon juice2 tbsp shredded coconut1 tsp vanilla1/3 cup raw cashews2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides optional
- Heat coconut oil until a liquid and mix with granola and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and press granola mixture firmly until even
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, then remove and let cool for 5 minutes
- To prepare the blackberry cream layer, blend all "Filling" ingredients together, leaving 1/2 cup fresh blackberries out to fold in after
- Once blended, pour in the last 1/2 cup of blackberries and stir
- Pour entire mixture over the top of the granola base, making sure it's even
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to harden
- Remove and cut into squares
- Store in freezer