Italian Lemon Chicken
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup basil, freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup water or bone broth/chicken broth
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved (optional)
In a large skillet, 12 to 13-inches, heat oil on medium until hot but not smoking,
Trim and tenderize chicken breasts, then lay flat in skillet to brown, about 5-7 minutes. Season with pink salt + ground pepper then flip.
Add mushrooms, tomatoes, capers, kalamata olives (if using), 1/2 squeezed lemon, and 2 lemon slices on chicken to cook in skillet another 5 minutes.
Once seared on either side, pour in water or chicken broth to finish cooking center of chicken.
Add fresh basil leaves and serve. Enjoy! 🙂
what I used to make this recipe