There are so many benefits to weight training, but some of the most major reasons you should consider adding it to your routine are below:
- Improve your daily activities and reduce risk of injury in carrying-out every day tasks; for example, moving furniture, carrying groceries, playing with your kids! You might be surprised, but the more you can focus on your own health and fitness, the better you can do things for others, especially taking care of these types of tasks.
- Increasing muscle mass can help to increase your basal metabolic rate, which leads to burning more calories at rest. This directly leads to weight loss and improved body composition. We love building lean muscle!
- Improve bone density, which is important for maintaining strong bones throughout life and reducing the risk of osteoporosis. Did you know that we start losing bone density after the age of just 30? That means that the more you have before then, or the more you build in general, will help prolong that process, leading to a longer lifespan of healthy bone mass.
- Regular strength training can have a positive impact on mental health, improving mood and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression. I’d like to this is an obvious one! Of course, we always feel better after a good sweat, so think about that exact mood the next time you want to skip your scheduled workout.
- Improve sleep and cognitive function. I consistently feel better and sleep better when I’m consistent with my workout routine, it’s true!
I designed my newest fitness program, GOOD // SWEAT Strength with this in mind and I think you’re going to love it. It’s based on progressive overload, is 8 weeks long, and you can find all the information about it here. We are starting as a community on January 9th, but it’s never too late to join us! You get access to my private Facebook group inside the guide (resources page), which gets you access to our loyal community of supportive women.
I love weight training to constantly challenge myself both mentally and physically. Let me know in the comments what you think are the most beneficial aspects of weight training 🙂