Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Gordita Crunch Remake
- 1 lb organic grass-fed ground beef, (or meat of choice)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 6 soft-shell tortillas , (I prefer Siete)
- 6 hard-shell tortillas, (I prefer Siete)
- 1/2 cup cheese, (I use goat cheese)
- romain lettuce
- Roma tomato
- red onion
- sour cream, (I prefer Kite Hill dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the grass-fed ground beef according to the taco seasoning instructions and set aside.
- Heat the refried beans on low heat until heated through. Set aside.
- Heat the hard-shell tortillas in the pre-heated oven for 3-4 minutes. (I prefer to place them over the rungs of the oven rack so they keep their shape!). Remove from oven and set aside.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Place 6 soft-shell tortillas to a baking sheet in a single layer. Spread a thin layer of refried beans on each tortilla, followed by a sprinkle of cheese. Broil for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Using the beans and cheese as glue, place the hard-shell tortillas inside the soft-shell tortillas and wrap the sides up to create a layered taco shell.
- Stuff the layered shell with the taco meat and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!