I think we’re all a little ready to bring back date night, but with most places still closed, travel slowed down, and regulations in place for covid, I thought it would be fun to put together a long list of ideas you can do AT-HOME to keep things spicy. Plus, Bridger and I were supposed to get married in Cabo and honeymoon in Greece this year so, we’re really feeling all the traveling blues! If you have anymore ideas, drop them in the comments below. Oh, and if your significant other isn’t a ‘date night’ kind of person, send them this link and have them choose one from the list you guys can do together. Have fun! 😉
– Airbnb Online Experiences: Airbnb offers thousands of different online experiences hosted by people from all over the world. No matter what your interest or hobbies are, you should easily be able to find an experience that both you and your significant other will love.
– Try a Subscription Date Box: There is more than one company out there that does this, but trying a monthly subscription box for at-home dates is a great way to try something new with your significant other. Plus, they mention that most of the dates provided are also meant to help you connect with your partner on a deeper level, so it sounds like a win-win!
– Discover your love languages here.
– Solve a Cold Case: Bridge and I did (played?) this one a few weeks ago with friends and let me tell you this was a HIT! It took about 4 hours or so with four people and we had so much fun together. We’ll definitely be buying another.
– Choose a Theme! Ex: Plan an Italian night with homemade pizza, cheese board, wine, learn a few Italian words, listen to Italian music, print off photos from that country and hang them around your house, dress like you were in Italy. I’m thinking about creating a full on Mediterranean tapas night…yum.
– Virtual Wine Tasting: This article shares 18 different virtual wine tastings you can attend hosted by different experts and vineyards. I’m not much of a wine drinker, but Bridge and I did some wine tasting when we were in Australia and learning about it was my favorite part.
– Buy wines from different regions or countries and have a full on wine tasting.
– Outdoor Movie Night: Rent a blow-up movie screen and have a picnic or a glass of wine and enjoy a little change up from the usual netflix and chill on the couch!
– Build a fort in your living room (TV covered and all), make s’mores over the stovetop, grab popcorn, set up sleeping bags, lots of blankets, twinkle lights. Watch a scary movie!
– Have a fondue night and get all the ingredients for savory: chicken, steak, veggies, seafood and sweet: chocolate, fresh fruit, marshmallows, etc. Grab a fondue set here.
– Learn how to make your own sushi at home & grab a bottle of saki!
– Sports Night! Print out fake tickets, make sure you have a big tub of buttery (ghee) popcorn, wear jerseys, no phones, surround sound– act like you’re at the game, but watch on TV!
– Work Through a Cookbook: Choose a new recipe each date night to make from one of your favorite cookbooks. It’s a great way to test those cooking skills while pushing you out of your comfort zone to try recipes you might not have.
– Create a full on restaurant menu and have your partner choose different items for you to make/or for each other to make.
– Order a Paint Your Pet kit on Etsy and paint your pet with wine/cocktails!
– Charcuterie and wine night: grab all of your favorite ingredients and assemble it together to eat while watching a movie, game, on your deck, rooftop, etc.
– Basic, but cook dinner *together* with music and candles.
– Blindfolded Cooking/Baking: I was hesitant to share this because it sounds a little dangerous haha but you guys suggested! Blindfold your partner and you give them step-by-step directions for something to make.
– Create a putt putt course in your house with cups and clubs. *Honestly, Bridger’s dream come true.
– Virtual Paint and Sip
– Turning your living room in a campsite with a blow-up mattress, sleeping bags, lanterns, no phones, just games
– Mixology night: Make a handful of fun, new cocktails or mocktails
– Spa Night: massages, facials, candles, chill music. Pick up my facial steamer here— I love it!
– Take a Museum Tour: these 12 museums are offering virtual tours– check them out here.
– Print out a blank map of the U.S. and see how many states each of you can get correct– make it a competition! Click here.