Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed and tenderized
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (thickener- can substitute with corn starch)
- 1/3 cup sliced cashews
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup thinly chopped purple cabbage
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add in onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 min.
Add chicken to brown for 5-7 minutes, then add coconut aminos. In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot starch with water then pour in with ginger, salt, pepper and stir.
Add in sliced cashews and cover skillet with lid to let cook on medium-low heat for another 5-7 minutes.
Serve cashew chicken with toppings and in butter lettuce cups 🙂