Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed and tenderized
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch, (thickener- can substitute with corn starch)
- 1/3 cup sliced cashews
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup thinly chopped purple cabbage
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet until hot, but not smoking. Add in onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 min.
- Add chicken to brown for 5-7 minutes, then add coconut aminos. In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot starch with water then pour in with ginger, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add in sliced cashews and cover skillet with lid to let cook on medium-low heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve cashew chicken with toppings and in butter lettuce cups 🙂