I cannot believe it is the last week of 2022. The holidays have come and gone so fast and now the New Year is just a few days away. These two in-between weeks ending 2022 and beginning 2023 can be the perfect opportunity to relax and pause before the hustle and bustle of a new start. I know a lot of us might still be in the post-holiday funk and maybe not feeling our best from indulging more and moving less. I know I personally want to stay low-key this week, but in a way that isn’t lazy… it can be a fine line, but I always feel a hundred times better whenever I get some fresh air and move my body. Here are a few ideas for how you can stay active this week:
- Walk more. Try to go for at least one walk every day. Grab a sibling, parent or friend and get some fresh air. Incentivize yourself and walk to get a coffee or cold-pressed green juice.
- Try a new movement studio. I’ve been all about F45 and a circuit training studio called Bodi down here in Scottsdale this past month and it’s been so much fun to be in a fitness studio setting after working out from home for the last few years. I know we’re all starting the Strength Guide Challenge on January 9th, which will consist of 8 weeks of gym-based workouts, but consider trying yoga, pilates, spin or something more adventurous like a rock climbing gym before we begin 🙂
- Grab your family or friends and play pickle ball! I’m still new to it, but it’s so much fun. Writing this now is convincing me to grab our paddles and find a court nearby.
- Go to Target or a shopping center 🤣 Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery for inspiration. Plus, walking a mall is a great way to get some steps in. While we’ve been in Arizona, everything is outdoors, even the shops, which is so nice to get out and walk.
- Live-stream a workout and train with me in real-time 🙂 I still have quite a few live workouts on my YouTube channel and I promise it’s way easier to be motivated when you’re following along! Hoping to do some more IG Live workouts after our 8-week challenge. See you there!
Leave a Reply