Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Healthy Fried Zucchini Blossoms
The perfect use for your late-summer zucchini harvest!
- 10-12 zucchini blossoms
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp pink salt or sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil (for frying)
- flakey sea salt (optional for topping)
- chopped green onion (optional for topping)
- red chili flakes (optional for topping)
- thinly sliced jalapeño (optional for topping)
Remove stamens from each blossom and discard.
Mix the filling ingredients together then gently open each blossom and spoon the mixture in. Twist to close and set aside.
Make the coating by stirring the flour and salt together, then mixing in the water 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches a slightly liquid consistency.
Cover each blossom in coating, set aside.
Heat a large skillet and avocado oil over medium heat.
Once the pan is hot, add the blossoms. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Flip, and cook another 4-6 minutes. (May be tricky to flip, so wait until they are fully golden brown underneath and use a metal spatula).
Once cooked through and completely golden, top with optional toppings and enjoy!