I came home from my recent trip to Italy to my garden being taken over by gigantic zucchinis. I paired up with @olivia.adriance to bring a few new recipes to life, and also to start using up some of my lifetime zucchini supply.
These Double Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins are one of my favorite creations to come out of the garden this year, and a sneaky reminder that zucchini does belong in baked goods! These muffins are so chocolatey and indulgent, but are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free and literally include one serving of veggies. What’s not to love? Let’s put some of those late-summer zucchinis to good use 🙂
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED
- Gluten-Free Flour Mix – I liked using Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour Mix
- Cacao Powder
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Chocolate Chunks
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI BLENDER MUFFINS
This is one of those recipes that comes together so quickly, and the best part is that you only have to dirty one dish! I’ve loved my Vitamix for years and this is one of those recipes where the high-powered blender makes all the difference – you don’t even have to peel your zucchini, the Vitamix will do it’s work to make sure you don’t even know it’s in there.
Grab your blender, a muffin tin, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Now we can get started! Line the muffin tin, or coat it well with oil. Set aside.
Next, add the zucchini to the blender. Blend until it’s evenly minced, then add all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chunks. Blend until just combined, be sure not to over-mix for best results. Once the batter is smooth, stir the chocolate chunks in. Distribute the batter evenly into 12 muffins, and feel free to add additional chocolate chunks to the top, pressing them into the top of the batter slightly.
Bake for 20 minutes and cool for at least 45 minutes before you dig in. I love topping the muffins with creamy peanut butter and flakey sea salt, it’s an unreal combination.
MORE ZUCCHINI RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Double Chocolate Zucchini Blender Muffins
- 2.5 cups zucchini, chopped, (no need to peel)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix, (we used Bob's Red Mill Paleo flour)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter, (+ more for drizzling!)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey, (or sub maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp flakey sea salt
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chunks, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray or line your muffin tins. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- Add your zucchini to a blender and blend until minced.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chunks, and blend until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and add the batter to the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Top with creamy peanut butter and flakey sea salt. Enjoy!