Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond butter, (any nut or seed butter to substitute)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, then drained + squeezed
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate dairy-free chips, plus more for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk or use electric mixer for all wet ingredients (everything through vanilla extract).
- Shred zucchini and measure out in 2 cups. Fold paper towels about 4x, or use kitchen towel, and squeeze out all the liquid before adding to the mixing bowl. Whisk again until thoroughly mixed.
- Next, gently fold in the dry ingredients, just enough until fully combined (don’t over stir!! It may not rise).
- Prep loaf tin with parchment paper, then pour in batter. Top with chocolate chips then bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for AT LEAST 40 minutes before you dive in. Trust me, it’s worth the wait! 😉