Arugula and Lemon Summer Salad
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 6-8 pieces asparagus, diagonally sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato, roughly chopped (I buy the dehydrated ones from Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon
- 4-6 big handfuls argula (typically 1 bag)
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/8 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion
- pink salt and pepper, to taste
Once asparagus is chopped into pieces, saute with sundried tomato and peas in extra virgin olive oil for 4-5 minutes on medium-low heat.
Add squeezed lemon, pink salt, ground pepper and garlic powder to skillet and toss.
Once tender, about 5-6 minutes, set aside and let cool.
In a large bowl, toss sauteed veggies with arugula, red onion and almonds.
Top with avocado and chopped green onion, then an extra drizzle of olive oil, lemon, pink salt, and pepper. Enjoy! 🙂
what I used to make this recipe
your blogs are really helpful in getting a controlled diet plan for your fitness and health..thanx keep on sharing
Kary Tuers says
Is there another veggie you could substitute for asparagus? I absolutely loathe asparagus but would love to make this salad!
Victoria Cicinelli says
My family’s FAVORITE salad recipe we made it all summer long 🙂