Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Avo Chimichurri Breakfast Tacos
- 3-5 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, evoo, or ghee
- 3-4 tortillas , (I use Siete Foods Cassava tortillas)
- 1/4 cup homemade or store-bought chimichurri, (pre-order my cookbook for my recipe – it's one of my favs!)
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated, (I prefer hard goat cheese)
- red chili flakes
- Heat a medium pan over medium-low heat. Add oil of your choice.
- Meanwhile, whisk your eggs. Once the pan and oil are hot, add the eggs to the pan. Soft scramble tip: cook low and slow! Let the eggs cook undisturbed for ~30 seconds, then start pushing the sides in towards the middle with a silicone spatula.
- Add in half the cheese, along with a sprinkle of salt. Keep the eggs moving as to not overcook in any spots, and remove them from the pan right before their done cooking (the heat of the eggs will continue cooking them even once the heat is off). Set the eggs aside.
- Over an open flame or the same pan, warm and lightly char your tortillas.
- Assemble your breakfast tacos by distributing eggs evenly into tortillas, topping with remaining cheese, red chili flakes, and more sea salt if desired. Scoop chimichurri over the top and enjoy!
Pre-order my cookbook for more quick and healthy recipes like this 🙂