Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
High-Protein Breakfast Burrito
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 small potato, thinly sliced
- 2-3 mini breakfast sausages (I used Teton Waters Ranch)
- 1 tsp ghee (for cooking)
- 2-3 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 1 burrito-sized tortilla (I prefer Siete)
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup goat mozzarella, grated (I prefer Natural Valley)
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- jalepeno (optional for topping)
- salsa or hot sauce (optional for topping)
Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onions, bell pepper and potato and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until just soft.
Add the breakfast sausages to the same pan, and set heat to medium-low.
In a small pan over medium heat, add the ghee. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs. Once the pan is hot, add the eggs and cook to preference. Remove and set aside.
Wash the same large pan, heat the tortilla until pliable (this is key to prevent from ripping/tearing!), about 1-2 minutes per side in the slightest amount of oil.
Once pliable, layer in the eggs, sausages, sautéed veggies, avocado, cheese and preferred toppings. To roll like a burrito, fold one side over and then pull back until tightly wrapped around insides. Then, fold both ends under and continue rolling the burrito so there are no openings.
Once burrito is tightly rolled, heat the same pan to medium-hot and add a small amount of oil. Add the burrito flap side down to the pan until it crisps and repeat on all sides. Enjoy!