Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Chewy Snack Bars
- 1 3/4 cup puffed brown rice, (I like One Degree Organic)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw hempseeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1/3 cup honey, (I prefer local and raw)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup non-dairy dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt
- Line a 9 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish, or something similar, with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together puffed brown rice, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, honey, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and use a silicone spatula to combine thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, and press it firmly and evenly into the dish.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between intervals, until the chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bars and transfer the baking dish to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle flaky salt over the chocolate, and return the dish to the fridge, chilling the bars until the chocolate is fully hardened, about 30 more minutes.
- Use a large, sharp knife to slice the bars into roughly 4 x 1-inch pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to three months.