Easy 20-Minute Paleo Granola
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, (I prefer dessicated coconut)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse only the nuts + seeds one to two times, or enough to chop just slightly. You can also use a cutting board & knife instead and give a good chop of the nuts + seeds before tossing them in a big bowl.
- Combine with melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, arrowroot starch, coconut flakes, cinnamon and sea salt. Toss together until thoroughly combined then pour mixture over a parchment paper covered baking sheet, making sure not to spread out completely (bigger chunks of granola = better).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes.
- *Do not break up the granola* -- once cooled, immediately transfer to freezer for 15 minutes to allow coconut oil to harden and chunks to form. Once chilled, remove, break granola into chunks/pieces, then transfer to air-tight container.
- Mixture will keep fresh in the fridge for several weeks.
- Can use granola as cereal with almond milk, fresh organic berries and cinnamon, or as a snack throughout the day 🙂 Enjoy!
what I used to make this recipe