Whether you’re doing my 7-Day Added Sugar Detox or just looking for healthy snack ideas, I got you! Below are a few of my go-to snacks that are low in sugar and high in nutrients.
Fruit & roasted nuts
– Low sugar fruits: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwis, peaches, grapefruit
– For nuts, just make sure the only ingredients are nuts and salt! A lot of packaged nuts are roasted in inflammatory vegetable oils. Another option is to make your own (I have two recipes for this in my Added Sugar Detox Guide).
Veggies & hummus
– I love carrots, cucumbers, jicama and bell peppers. Hummus is also super quick to make in the blender or food processor, but if you’re in a pinch, I love Hope Hummus brand (spicy avocado in particular)
Paleo Granola and sugar-free almond milk
– Great option as a quick snack or breakfast
Hard boiled eggs with salt, pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil for healthy fats
Half an avocado mashed with crackers (I personally love Simple Mills)
– Get creative and add organic deli turkey or salami for added protein
– Heated over the stove with your favorite spices, then blended together until frothy. Sip like a latte!
Apple slices with almond butter
– This has been my after dinner snack on repeat. I’ll also add cinnamon for an added sweet flavor.
Coconut yogurt (unsweetened) with a handful of berries, cinnamon & nuts/seeds
Mini charcuterie with salami, olives/olive tapenade, nuts, fruit, brown rice crackers/almond flour crackers
– Make it over the stove, in an air popper, or grab a bag from the store– I prefer Lesser Evil popcorn with ghee! It’s beyond.