Spicy Pineapple Chicken Bowl With Veggies
- 1/2 white or red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 organic chicken breasts, trimmed and tenderized
- 1 jar Ricante Hot Sauce Pineapple Everything Sauce (or your favorite jarred sauce or salsa)
- 2 small bunch bok choy, ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and thinly sliced sweet potato (slices are about 1/8-inch thick)
Heat avocado oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Once hot but not smoking, sauté onion for 2-3 minutes.
Once the onions have softened, add the chicken, searing each side for 3-4 minutes.
Pour the sauce into the pan, stir, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 degrees F.
While the chicken cooks, heat avocado oil in a small frying pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the sweet potato and sauté 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Add the bok choy at the end, season everything with pink salt and ground pepper, and saute another few minutes, or until tender.
Remove the chicken after 10 minutes and shred using 2 forks or a stand mixer. Add back to the pot and it's ready to serve.
Assemble your bowls, topping with kimchi and avocado. Enjoy!
*store extra shredded chicken in an airtight container for your lunch the following day 🙂