Cookie Skillet Individuals
This is basically the exact recipe I took from my Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet, except this time I thickened the batter by adding more almond flour and collagen peptides (optional) to make into individual cookies. They are incredibly fluffy with the same great taste as the cookie skillet. Enjoy!!!
- 1 egg or sub flax egg
- 3 tbsp maple syryp or sub honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or sub any nut/seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour I use Bob's Red Mill finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Eating Evolved Midnight Coconut Chocolate Bar (100% cacao) or sub other chocolate bar/chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins unflavored collagen peptides (optional) or sub 1/4 cup more almond flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Whisk egg* in large bowl then pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla and almond milk to whisk again.
*If using flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe in place of egg.
Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and some of the sea salt. Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and use a spoon and spatula to drop batter, dividing it into a dozen cookies. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then place in the oven for about 12 minutes on the center rack. Then turn the oven on broil and cook 1- 1 1/2 additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because they can burn quickly!