**I know many of you wonder about substitutions for certain ingredients, especially with this cookie recipe. So, click HERE for the original Cashew Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet recipe post and for all modifications ! Enjoy!!
Cookie Skillet Individuals
- 1 egg, or sub flax egg
- 3 tbsp maple syryp, or sub honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cashew butter, or sub any nut/seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour, I use Bob’s Red Mill finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 dark chocolate bar, chopped (or chocolate chips), (my favorite is Eating Evolved signature dark. Use 100% cacao chocolate if wanting to limit sugar!)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides (optional), or sub 1/4 cup additional almond flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk egg* in large bowl then pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla and almond milk to whisk again.
- *If using flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe in place of egg.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, collagen (if using) and some of the sea salt. Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and use a spoon and spatula to drop batter, dividing it into a dozen cookies. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then place in the oven for about 12 minutes on the center rack. Then turn the oven on broil and cook 1- 1 1/2 additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because they can burn quickly!