Creamy Pesto Chicken Enchiladas
- 1/2 cup cup pine nuts or raw cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 5-10 organic chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3/4 cup organic chicken broth
- 4-6 tortillas (I love Siete)
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese (or preferred cheese)
- Combine all ingredients to make pesto in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Once chicken thighs have been trimmed, add to slow cooker with chicken broth and pesto to cook on low for 4-6 hours. Feel free to eat chicken as is or use to make into enchiladas.
If making enchiladas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat tortillas over an open flame for about 10 seconds on either side to make tortilla more pliable. On a flat surface, lay tortillas down and place a small handful spinach in the center. Top with shredded pesto chicken, roll either side inward until it's closed and place in a lightly oiled baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon a bit of the pesto juice from the slow cooker over the top of the enchiladas and bake for 15-17 minutes. Top with crumbled goat cheese.