Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Crispy Bean and Beef Flautas
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 lb organic ground beef (or protein of your choice)
- taco seasoning (I used Siete mild taco seasoning)
- 1 can refried pinto beans
- 4-6 tortillas (I prefer Siete cassava flour)
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- peppers and onions, sauteed (optional for topping)
- avocado/ guac (optional for topping)
- cilantro (optional for topping)
- sour cream (optional for topping)
- salsa (optional for topping)
Prepare taco meat according to directions on packet.
In a medium pan or over the flame, heat the tortillas until pliable.
Cook the beans in a small saucepan over the stove on medium heat until hot, then set aside.
Add a layer of beans, then a layer of taco meat, rolling the flauta as tightly as possible (watch the Reel linked above). Repeat for desired amount of flautas.
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add the flautas, folded side down, to seal. Once golden, turn 90 degrees and continue to brown each side until desired crispness.
Serve with toppings and enjoy!
Leave a Reply