Crispy Chicken Nuggets
- 3-4 large organic chicken breasts, trimmed, tenderized, and sliced in small nugget-sized pieces
- 3-4 cups crackers, (I prefer Simple Mills)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed, (boost of fiber! You can leave out if you don’t have)
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- pink salt, to taste
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado or coconut oil
- In a food processor or blender, add crackers, flaxseed and spices. Pulse until it reaches a flour-like consistency. *if you don’t have a food processor, use a large zip local, pour all ingredients inside and use the bottom of a flat object to pound it down until the crackers reach a flour-like consistency.
- Pour mixture in a deep dish bowl. In a separate deep dish bowl, whisk eggs.
- Once chicken has been trimmed of fat + tenderized (pounded down to the same thickness), and chopped, create your assembly line of chicken, egg, and cracker breading.
- Using tongs or a fork, dip chicken in egg wash, making sure to cover the entire breast, then let excess egg drip off before transferring to breading mixture. Cover entire piece in cracker mixture, then transfer to clean plate.
- Once all chicken has been breaded, heat your large skillet with avocado oil on medium.
- Transfer chicken to skillet & let cook until golden brown on each side, about 4-6 min. Can turn down the heat and cover to allow center of chicken to fully cook. Once all golden brown, let cool for a few minutes before serving.