Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cloud Cookies
The best gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free chocolate chip cookies (with added collagen for protein).
- 1 pasture-raised egg (sub flax egg)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (sub honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (sub any nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp flaky salt (I used Maldon)
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides (optional, sub 1/4 cup additional almond flour)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, whisk the egg. (If subbing with flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes.)
Pour in the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk to combine.
Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, collagen (if using) and some of the sea salt.
Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and use a spoon and spatula to drop batter, dividing it into a dozen cookies. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.
Bake for ~12 minutes on the center rack. Turn the oven to broil and cook for an additional 1-1.5 minutes (be sure to keep an eye on them, they can burn quickly!) until golden brown.