Click here for the Reel I made of this recipe 🙂
Gluten-Free Crispy Chicken Parm
- 1.5 cups almond flour crackers (I use Simple Mills crackers [any flavor]. You can sub ~1 cup almond flour or breadcrumbs instead)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (great source of fiber)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 2 large organic chicken breasts (trimmed, sliced in half end to end so they're ~1/4 inch thick. Beat with tenderizer if needed)
- 3-4 tbsp avocado oil
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce (I use Primal Kitchen Foods or Raos Homemade)
- 2.5 cups freshly grated cheese (I use hard goat cheese)
- fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a food processor, add crackers, flax, 1/4 cup of the grated cheese, oregano and sea salt. Pulse until you reach a fine, breadcrumb-like consistency. Add to a wide bowl and set aside.
In a separate wide bowl, whisk the egg. Set aside.
Prepare the assembly line: chicken breasts, bowl with egg wash, bowl with breading, and a clean plate at the end of the line.
Using a fork, dip each piece of chicken in the egg, then breading (making sure to press down to evenly coat), then transferring it to the plate. Repeat until all chicken is breaded. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil.
Sear chicken until browned on both sides, 5-7 minutes total. It should be cooked nearly all the way through, and will finish cooking in the oven.
Transfer chicken to a baking dish, top with marinara, then sprinkle goat cheese over the top. Bake for 10 minutes, then broil for ~2 minutes until just starting to brown. (Watch closely so it doesn't burn!)
Remove from the oven and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Phenomenal! Hubs agrees. Will be in rotation! Cannot wait for your cookbook! 💓
Another amazing recipe, Rachael. Made it for my fiancés birthday dinner and it was a hit. Will definitely be on repeat
How many servings does this make?! Look for a meal prep recipe for next week! this looks delish!