Grilled Mediterranean Bowls with Herby Roasted Potatoes
An easy, healthy weeknight bowl perfect for Spring or Summer that will immediately transport you to the Mediterranean. Enjoy!
- 3 Bell peppers, quartered (seeds removed)
- 1-2 poblano peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 Anaheim pepper, halved (seeds removed)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 organic chicken sausages, sliced (I use Whole Foods 365 brand organic Andouille sausages)
- 1/4 cup organic feta cheese
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, halved
- garnish fresh basil, fresh dill, and fresh chives
- sea salt, ground pepper, garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F.
Toss halved potatoes with a splash of avocado oil or olive oil, then season with sea salt, ground pepper and garlic powder. Roast for 25-35 minutes, flipping halfway through. Once crispy, remove and cover in a bowl with foil to keep warm while you grill. Once ready to serve, garnish with finely chopped chives and fresh dill.
Grilled Sausage and Peppers
Fire up the grill to 500 degrees.
Toss halved peppers in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Add sliced sausages and red onion to a smaller bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Let marinate for a few minutes.
Add peppers to the grill and transfer the chicken sausage and onions to a grill pan if they're too thin for the grate. Grill for about 10 minutes, flip, cook for 5-10 more minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the sausage has grill marks.
Remove and serve with fresh feta cheese, fresh basil, another sprinkle of sea salt, and the potatoes on the side.