If there’s one thing Bridge and I have on a weekly basis, it’s TACOS. Obviously, right? It’s my favorite food group if we’re being honest just because you can make tacos so many different ways– breakfast tacos, fish tacos, sweet potato tacos, shrimp tacos, meat tacos, etc.
If we want something quick for dinner or are unsure of what to make, 99% of the time it’s always these tacos. They have so much flavor, can be customized based on your preference and take around 20-min total! If you want some extra flavor, I love sauteing thinly sliced bell pepper and red onion in a separate skillet with chili powder and cumin until charred to add to your tacos. Try it out for yourself! 🙂
My Favorite 20-Minute Tacos
- 1 lb organic ground turkey or chicken, (or sub your favorite protein)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- tortillas, (I prefer Siete Foods grain-free tortillas)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- few handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Smash avocado in a bowl, then add onion, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt and pepper. Mix together and top with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Heat avocado oil on medium until hot but not smoking. Add organic ground turkey to brown, then add taco seasoning. Break up pieces of ground turkey and heat until fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Build your tacos! I like to heat my tortillas over an open flame until slightly charred on both sides, then add mixed greens, seasoned meat, bell pepper, guac, and additional red onion and cilantro. Enjoy! 🙂