RGE Cobb Salad
- 2 heads of romaine, chopped
- 2 large organic chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 sliced hard boiled eggs
- 5 strips organic bacon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Turn oven to Broil at 500 degrees F.
- Trim chicken and slice in half, lengthwise to make thinner breasts. In a medium pot or skillet, heat avocado oil until warm but not smoking. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Let cook on medium for about 4-5 minutes either side, or until seared/browned and cooked all the way through. I like covering with a lid the last few minutes to steam. Once done, remove from heat and set aside.
- For sweet potatoes: add cubes to parchment paper covered baking sheet. Spray with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil for about 8-12 minutes, flipping towards the end. They should be slightly charred.
- Slice bacon strips in half and cook in a large skillet. I like adding ground pepper for flavor here. Once done, set aside.
- Chop all toppings on large cutting board and start building your salad. Add romaine, chicken, bacon, sweet potato, cherry tomatoes, eggs and green onion.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork and add to a side dish for guests to use on their own. Enjoy! 🙂