Shakshuka is hands down one of my favorite breakfast dishes out there. If you haven’t tried it yet– now is the time! Grab a loaf of sourdough, toast it with some ghee and dip away. It’s packed with so much flavor!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (or any preferred vegetable)
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers (or diced bell peppers)
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp spice blend (paprika, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander)
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tbsp goat or feta cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
In a medium to large skillet, sauté mushrooms and sliced red pepper in olive oil for 5-7 minutes, adding in spice blend towards the end.
Pour in canned diced tomatoes and water, bring to boil, then let simmer, covered for 8-10 minutes.
Using a spoon, form a well in the mixture and crack the egg inside. Repeat 3 more times. Let cook for an additional 6-10 minutes, or until the whites of the eggs are cooked through (can cover skillet to shorten cooking time).
Once done, garnish with goat cheese, parsley, & ground pepper. Enjoy!