S'mores Cookie Skillet
GF, Dairy-free, Grain-Free
- 1 egg (or sub flax egg: 3 tbsp water, 1 tbsp ground flaxseed)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened nut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or sub any nut or seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour (Bob's Red Mill finely ground almond flour works best!)
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (completely optional. Can leave out and substitute 1 additional tbsp almond flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- One 2.5oz chocolate bar (I typically use Eating Evolved signature dark) can substitute with 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 4 marshmallows, cut into 1/8's
- 2 graham crackers, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
- 8-9 inch cast-iron skillet (can use loaf tin, cake round, baking dish, etc)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F°.
Whisk egg* in large bowl then pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, nut butter, vanilla and almond milk, and whisk once more. *If using flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 3 tbsp water & let sit for 5 minutes before adding to recipe in place of egg.
Stir in almond flour, collagen if using, baking soda, cinnamon & some of the sea salt.
Fold in chocolate chunks, mallows & graham cracker, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
Very lightly spray a 8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet (13-inch if doubling the recipe) with coconut oil then pour batter into the base & spread out evenly using a silicone spatula.
Place last pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then bake in oven for 19-22 min on center rack.
Then, turn oven on broil & cook 1- 1 1/2 additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because it can burn quickly! Enjoy!